First, the brand positioning is to clearly express to the consumer "I am who", products and corporate identity image is registered, protected by law, once the product is known as a well-known brand, it will bring a huge intangible to the enterprise. The assets and image power that brings to consumers are the guarantee of quality and confidence in consumption. The brand positioning feature is to highlight the brand's visual image in packaging design.
1) Highlight the color of the brand When designing a brand, several fixed color combinations are usually formulated to become the â€œimage colorâ€ in the company's products, giving consumers a strong visual impression. For example, the green color of Fujifilm, the yellow color of Kodak film, and the big red color of Coca-Cola have all had a strong visual appeal.
2) The graphics of the graphic brand highlighting the brand include promotional images, cartoon styling, auxiliary graphics, etc. In the packaging design, the main graphics are used as the main force of expression, so that the consumers will create associations between the graphics and the products themselves in the impression. The image of product promotion is vivid and vivid. Examples include the denim image of Marlboro cigarettes, the red geometric aids on packaging, the image of Kirin on the packaging of Kirin Beer, and various cartoon images appearing on packages.
3) Highlighting the font of the brand image The brand image of the brand is one of the main manifestations of the brand personality due to its readability and non-repetition, like the Coca-Cola brand font, McDonald's â€œMâ€ letter image, all in the package The most important part of the image expression.
Second, product positioning
1) Product Features
2) Functional positioning of products
3) Product Origin Location
4) Traditional Features
5) Monumental Positioning
6) Product Positioning III. Consumer Positioning
1) Location difference
2) Differentiating the positioning of the physiological characteristics of lifestyle orientation As a modern packaging design education, students are largely lacking the â€œWâ€ positioning ideology, or positioning is not accurate enough, and our students are in the packaging design for What, Who When, when, wher is not ambiguous, except that the understanding of Why is not deep enough. This is precisely the most basic quality that a designer possesses. Students often do not know why such a visual image is used as a design expression element. It is only based on feelings. It feels that formal beauty can be, but ignores the fact that the form serves content. Even the best form cannot precisely convey the content of the product. It is also a failed design. In the classroom, it is often found that students are first designed after the concept, and then according to the design draft take it for granted to give it a design concept, which is completely contrary to the design law, the design without thinking through the brain is never suitable for the needs of the market; students first After the hands-on approach, I think it is because of the students' inaccurate positioning of the design. As a student, when receiving the design draft, they should quickly understand What, Who, When, and wh, and then develop Why's concept; because the packaging design's positioning idea closely relates to the concept of packaging design; design concept as a Image thinking, from the first draft to the drafting of the entire thinking process can not be separated from the specific image. How to select the key points and highlight the topics on the basis of sorting out the various elements is an important principle in the design concept. In the classroom, students did not fully consider the nature of the product when choosing color, text, and image, resulting in the design of the packaging box is not suitable for the personality of the product. For example: students are working on the milk packaging design for morning light, and some students' design papers are like doing The packaging of pure water is not for the packaging of dairy products. This is because students are not allowed to locate color and image, and they do not understand the nature of the product in depth.
Due to the particularity of students' own knowledge structure, the studentsâ€™ ability to create forms is slightly lacking. Often when a student has achieved better results by using a form, there are many students to imitate, rather than according to their own images, products. To consider the nature of the problem, such as: When students in the classroom to use cow cartoon image to express dairy products, other students also use cattle cartoon image, which results in a single design style, but also for students to produce dependence, Lack of independent design and operation capabilities.
In class, in order to enable students to find accurate points of appeal, I have summarized the following types of images commonly used in packaging design.
First, take the image of the product itself as the main image. That is, the reproduction of goods is directly applied to the packaging design through realistic product photographs, so that the information of the commodities can be more directly conveyed, and the consumers are also more easily understood and accepted.
Second, the production of raw materials as the main image. This kind of packaging design is mainly to highlight the individual features of raw materials.
Third, take the brand, trademark or corporate logo as the main image. This type of brand, trademark or logo is often already well-known in the market. As long as it is further strengthened, it will be easily accepted by consumers.
Fourth, the use of goods as the main image.
Fifth, to emphasize the characteristics of the product itself as the main image. Such as milk can emphasize its pure white and fresh.
Sixth, the product or raw material origin as the main image. For example, "Mengniu" brand milk takes the Mongolian grassland as its image.
Seventh, use the object as the theme image. Such as children's milk powder packaging can use children as the main image.
Eighth, take the common animals, plants and flowers as the main image in daily life.
Nine, the special effect of the text as the main image. Text is the most direct way to convey information and it also meets audiences at different levels.
Ten, with a unique texture texture or pattern as the main image. This kind of packaging design should be based on the nature of the product itself. For example, some Chinese traditional food packaging can use some traditional Chinese patterns. This design has more national characteristics.
Eleven, the unique color of the product as the main image. Such as the green tea, brown chocolate and so on.
For students, the teaching of packaging design should first of all understand the theoretical knowledge of the students. With regard to the design orientation of the packaging, I hereby provide a few theoretical points for the following:
Packaging and decorating and packaging modeling have common features in the basic design process, but both have their own characteristics in terms of specific requirements in terms of specific design methods. The former mainly focuses on the effects of the plane visual communication function, while the latter mainly focuses on the container's shape. Functional and stereoscopic visual communication function effects.
Packaging and decorating design is not simply a picture decoration, but must be a combination of specific product information transmission and visual aesthetic communication design. If the modeling structure of the package should mainly accomplish certain material functions, then the packaging and decorating will focus on completing certain spiritual functions.
(a) Creative Ideas The most important aspect of packaging design is "creative ideas." Creative ideas are the soul of design. Creative ideas are what designers should â€œshowâ€ and â€œhow to expressâ€ on the screen. A very important point in many good packaging designs is that they can break through and innovate in their ideas. This is just like a comic book creation. A comic book with a fantastic creative style often requires only a good deal of writing. It is a humorous effect that people can think deeply about aftertaste, fun and laughter.
Packaging design is for goods, internal goods and consumer demand are the first, and packaging is subordinate and second. Therefore, the idea of â€‹â€‹design concept should be closely related to the requirements of the content to the form, that is not only in the art to show the personality characteristics of the product, the designer or the personality characteristics of the consumer groups, so that the packaging is novel, unique, infectious, and able to Attract consumers and reflect as far as possible the inherent qualities of the product and its functional superiority.
Before designing ideas, it is necessary to make investigations and preparations for the products and some situations related to the products. The survey contents usually have the following items and contents:
1. Various information about the product (such as raw material, product quality, use, performance and price, etc.);
2. Trademarks (whether famous or more famous);
3, product attributes;
4, sales target;
5, commodity grade;
6. Local customs and practices of product sales;
7. Vertical and horizontal comparison of products (mainly referring to product quality and improvement);
8, the packaging container material, size, size, shape, etc.;
9, the history of the manufacturer, the characteristics of the location, etc.;
10. Information on packaging and decoration of similar products;
11, understand the manufacturer's vision and preferences for product packaging.
For the above items, we can use the list method to sort out what we can understand, find out the needs that can be expressed in the design, and inspire our creativity.
Generally speaking, the key choices mainly include the three aspects of the trademark number, the product itself and the consumer. Some product packagings with famous trademarks or brands can be marked with trademark brands, such as the â€œCoca Colaâ€ in the United States; products with more prominent features or packaging of new products can use the product itself as the focus of design performance; and some Product packaging with specific or special consumer groups can focus on consumers. Among them, performance based on the product itself has the greatest performance. In short, regardless of how they are performed, they should focus on conveying clear information on commodities but the emphasis should not be simply understood as a certain unique factor, but rather a basic tendency. For example, the packaging of a brand-name product may have both a trademark and an image of the product itself. However, in order to highlight that this is a brand-name product, brand name information is quickly passed to consumers, and the focus of the screen should be highlighted. Trademarks.
After finding the focus of performance, it is from what angle to express the key point. This is the deepening after determining the focus of performance. For example, with trademark and brand as the focus of performance, is it a symbolic image that represents a trademark or a brand, or is it a representation of a trademark or a brand? If the performance of the product itself is the focus, then is it an external image of the product or an inherent property of the product? Does the composition of a commodity represent its functional utility? Because everything has a different perspective, but it is more concentrated to express it from a certain angle, which will benefit the distinctness of performance. For example, the packaging design of â€œBeauty Sandalwood Soapâ€ focuses on the concept of â€œBeautyâ€ in terms of concept and creativity. The Tang Dynasty female figure is selected as the expression point of â€œBeautyâ€, thus associating consumers with a long history of product production. And the noble and functional superiority of the product itself. The specific information of the product is conveyed from a historical and functional perspective. Another example is the design of packaging and decorating of "Taihua Datong Company's Peanut Oil". Its creative concept focuses on the product itself rather than the brand name. The main feature of peanut oil is that peanuts are used as raw materials, and in terms of processing, the characteristics of raw peanuts are used as the performance point of view, and product information is conveyed very clearly. Another example is the packaging design of the Jingdezhen blue and white porcelain tableware in Jiangxi Province. Its creative concept focuses on the product itself, but the performance angle is not the raw material but the decorative features of the product â€“ the decorative patterns and colors of the blue-and-white porcelain, and the same information transmission of the goods. It is also very strong. The packaging design of the â€œCoca Colaâ€ beverage in the United States focuses on the key brand name from the perspective of the decorative form of the â€œCoca'Colaâ€ brand.
After we found the â€œbreakthroughâ€ of the performance angle, the question that followed was to adopt a proper method and form to express it. The focus and perspective of performance is mainly to solve "what to perform"? This is only half of the problem solved, and the way of expression and form is to solve the problem of â€œhow to expressâ€. Good performance techniques and forms of expression are the vitality of design, and can make the entire design â€œlight and shineâ€.
Animal Lamp,Ceramic Craft Table Lamp,Desk Lamp
Guangyang Porcelain Art Factory , http://www.gddinnerset.com